In the automotive industry, competitivity is linked to the highest speed and accuracy of performances possible, to reduce the cost per part and the percentage of waste (which must tend to zero, ZEWA: Zero Waste Program). Any savings in production time is important. Even if the material to work, for example, is sintered hard steel, with interrupted cut.
Using boring bars in a special patented material, in particular combined solution specially developed, it was possible for the customer decrease production lead time by over 30%, creating numerous other benefits:
- drastically reducing vibration
- machining in a single set up
- achieving greater enforcement of the accuracy
- achieving better surface finish
- increasing the duration of the inserts with polycrystalline cutting edges used